Kyverno is a policy engine designed for Kubernetes. With Kyverno, policies are managed as Kubernetes resources and no new language is required to write policies. This allows using familiar tools such as kubectl, git, and kustomize to manage policies. Kyverno policies can validate, mutate, and generate Kubernetes resources. The Kyverno CLI can be used to test policies and validate resources as part of a CI/CD pipeline.
Kyverno (Greek for “govern”) is a policy engine designed specifically for Kubernetes. Beyond what has already been discussed, some of Kyverno's other featyres include:
- match resources using label selectors and wildcards
- validate and mutate using overlays (like Kustomize!)
- synchronize configurations across namespaces
- block non-conformant resources using admission controls, or report policy violations
- manage policies as code using familiar tools like git and kustomize