Acceptable use policy
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site or any services hosted by us, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way,
Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.civo.com is a site operated by Civo Ltd. ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09568551 and our registered office is at Unit H-K, Gateway 1000, Whittle Way, Stevenage, Herts, England, SG1 2FP.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our site and services you accept these terms
By using our site and services, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or services.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our terms of website use also apply to your use of our Civo.com site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our site and services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site and services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- In a way which will have a detrimental impact on our business, our capability of providing services to other third parties or users or the use of the services to any other third parties.
- In a way that may breach any third party intellectual property rights.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any services or data owned by other customers;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any third party site or infrastructures by using our services;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
User generated content
Where we do provide any user generated content service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any user generated content service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any user generated content service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any user generated content service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our user generated content service by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an user generated content service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any user generated content service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an user generated content service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any user generated content service associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts).
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be in contempt of court.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Civo Ltd., if this is not the case.
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- contain any advertising links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and/or Services.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales